Welcome to Clintonville’s own 6-1-Pho. CbusFoodBloggers were invited to visit 6-1-Pho; speaking of, how do you say Pho – foe or fuh? I say foe but when I say it, I always know I’m saying it wrong so I autocorrect myself to say fuh. Curious if I’m the only one out there that sounds so silly when they say it.
We were treated to some of the most delicious Vietnamese cuisine. Get to know 6-1-Pho and you’ll be heading to Clintonville for some addicting Pho too (as noted on the door sign)!
Bowl Choices Galore
Vegetarian? You won’t have any issue finding something at 6-1-Pho as there are vegetarian options for almost everything on the menu.
6-1-Pho is “Chipotle style” aka fast casual. Pretty sure the term “Chipotle style” no longer refers to the restaurant but a system of ordering. Therefore, Chipotle style is now like Jello or Kleenex or Xerox. *strange thoughts by SweetlyCBUS
Always service with a smile
Goi Cuon – Summer rolls with pork, shrimp, vermicelli noodles, cucumber, lettuce, basil, cilantro and green onion rolled in a thin rice paper served with hoisin peanut sauce
Cha Gio – Egg rolls with shiitake mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and onion served with a side of sweet dipping sauce
Chicken Bahn-Mi – Soy marinated chicken, chili paste, pickled carrots and daikon, cucumbers, cilantro and a swipe of mayonnaise
Pork Bahn-Mi – Rolled pork belly and pork shoulder, homemade pate, pickled carrots and daikon, cucumbers, cilantro and a swipe of mayonnaise
Because the Pork Bahn-Mi was so good it needed its own closeup
When you can’t decide what to order, get both and cheer for leftovers (really this is me and the order behind me but I stand behind that sentiment).
Bun – Noodle Salad Bowl – cold vermicelli noodles over a bed of lettuce, mint and cucumber with your choice of protein. served with a side of cucumber, pickled carrots and daikon, crushed peanuts, Thai basil, cilantro and a side of sweet dressing. We topped this with half chicken, half tofu.
Because a post isn’t a post without “bloggers be bloggin”
Pho – Soup Bowl – rice noodles with your choice of protein and broth. Served with a side of bean sprouts, Thai basil, cilantro, jalapeños and a slice of lime. Topped mine with raw steak which is obviously no longer raw because the broth is so hot that it instantly cooks the steak for the freshest meat possible. This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!
This wall was just so cool
Top 5 Fun Facts:
- Every bowl is fresh, authentic, and homemade – every single time!
- 6-1-Pho was started by husband and wife team Lisa Bui & Ian Capotosta. The dishes you eat at 6-1-Pho are Lisa’s family recipes and have been perfected by Ian who is a trained chef with a degree in culinary arts. Talk about taking the family recipes up a notch.
- May not be long before you can purchase their egg rolls to cook too cook and eat at home.
- Can’t get out??? 6-1-Pho is delivered through amazon restaurants, grubhub, uber eats and postmates.
- DO NOT skip the Cafe Sua Da especially if you’re a sweet coffee lover like me. It’s traditional Vietnamese iced coffee and it’s heaven in a cup!
4386 N High St
Columbus, Oh 43214